Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Drag racing is much worst than autocrossing, I spoke to a friend who drag races
URY914
post Sep 23 2006, 05:24 AM
Post #1

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

Autocrossers get 3-5 runs that last somewhere around 60 seconds, with about 10 minutes between runs. At least this is what I get with my local boys.

I spoke to a friend who drag races with his son. It's bracket racing, run against your dail-in time. Sorta silly really. I thought the point was to go as fast as possible in racing? Anyway, their runs last 13 SECONDS and they wait a HOUR between runs. and they make THREE runs and if they break out they go home. I think I got that right. And they do it on Friday night after a day's work and they get home a 1:00am. Oh yea, it's on a straight as an arrow track!!! What a thrill, what a challange, what a joke.

And I thought what I did was silly, but that is stupid. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellowsleep[1].gif)

(sorry if I hurt any one's feelings)

Paul (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
URY914   Drag racing is much worst than autocrossing   Sep 23 2006, 05:24 AM
914forme   Bracket racing is hard. It is a consistancy game,...   Sep 23 2006, 08:34 AM
Joe Ricard   I get crap from the bubbas at work who don't u...   Sep 23 2006, 03:27 PM
914forme   Why not do it this way, say heck yeah I run yah, b...   Sep 23 2006, 06:48 PM
Blood red 914-6gt   I always get a kick out of all the guys who put th...   Sep 25 2006, 11:46 PM
byndbad914   I like all forms of racing (and like everyone else...   Sep 26 2006, 04:22 PM
Crazyhippy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 06:56 AM