Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> mother f-ing glass shop, gotta vent
toon1
post Sep 23 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,022

I took the teener to a glass shop to get the seal replaced. the guy there said it would be $80 and 1 hour, sounds reasonable, go ahead. I explained to him that I have the trim and all the clips are there, I will put it on later.

The work was finished and they cut three of the clips off on the driver side, there are two cuts on the inerior driver pillar from the knife and the pass pillar is stained from a solvent spray they used to get the old seal off. There is also a black spot on the driver seat from a drip of the primer used before they put on the butal tape.

They didnt have replacement clips and told me I can get them from the dealer. I told them, they cut them off why should I relpace them. He then told me " I will put the trim on for you if you get the clips. I said forget it, put the window in I will deal with it later.

I was going to do this job myself and should have but if the window was going to break I wanted to be on someone else.

I learned my lesson.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
toon1   mother f-ing glass shop   Sep 23 2006, 07:16 PM
toon1   this ws the front winsheild, for got to mention th...   Sep 23 2006, 07:18 PM
North Bay 914   More bad news....the windshield has to come back o...   Sep 23 2006, 07:19 PM
JPB   Hey hey, I was a MF for 10 years! Sorry about...   Sep 23 2006, 07:29 PM
toon1  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 08:47 AM