Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine/trans back in and it won't shift, '76 have different engine mounts?
porschenut
post Sep 25 2006, 04:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,929

I don't even want to count how many times I have done this job and this is the first time a problem developed. A 76 with a slightly different engine mount system. The cross bar is hard bolted to the engine, transmission mounts are in the chassis and the cross bar bolts up to them. Never noticed it before, is this standard on the 76? The trans mounts up front did have about an inch of washers taped together to make a spacer. It went in so the engine sat a little higher in the chassis.
Anyway, now it is back together and the shift linkage is binding. There is no visible interference on the linkage, all I can think of is the spacers must have been there to align everything.
I will make up the spacers and drop them in tomorrow, just wanted to see if anyone else has seen this setup.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
porschenut   Engine/trans back in and it won't shift   Sep 25 2006, 04:18 PM
Travis Neff   Sounds like you have a engine bar setup for a 70-7...   Sep 25 2006, 04:23 PM
Travis Neff   Also, if you are retrofitting a tailshifter you wi...   Sep 25 2006, 04:25 PM
porschenut   No it isn't a tailshifter. It is a sideshifte...   Sep 25 2006, 04:27 PM
Travis Neff  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 06:03 AM