Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Interior trim removal questions, please help a 914 newbie
HCRDAN
post Sep 30 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,907
Region Association: None

I'm a 914 newbie with a 73 2.0L and I have several issues:

1) the wires to the light between the seats has dropped somewhere down there so I need to retreive it to plug it back in. How does that panel come off (Vertical panel between the two seats). Does it require removal of the seats?

2) there is some clucking sound, like something being buffetted by the wind, and hitting the firewall back there somewhere. Occurs at about 60mph with windows down, top off. How does the panel between the seats and the door come off? Again, does it require removal of the seats?

3) While I'm in there, seat belt retractors are not retracting as they should. Any trick to repairing these?

4) Dashboard gauges. How do those come out? in my older 911s, those were simply held in by friction. Is it the same in the 914? I need to pull the speedo to repair the odometer.

5) Console gauges. Do you have to get those out from behind (and thus require removing the console to get to them)? I and need to pull the temp gauge to repair the light, and the clock to r/r it as well.

Thanks for any advice on these topics.

DG
73 914 2.0l
97 993 Targa

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
HCRDAN   Interior trim removal questions   Sep 30 2006, 04:29 PM
rhodyguy   1. push the seats fully forward. you should see 4 ...   Sep 30 2006, 05:08 PM
Air_Cooled_Nut   Cleaning the seat belts is easy and can help. Han...   Sep 30 2006, 05:26 PM
Tobra   Clucking sound might be loose rear window, you wil...   Sep 30 2006, 05:36 PM
HCRDAN  
  Oct 9 2006, 04:54 PM
pfierb  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 08:18 AM