Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I think I need a 1st gear slider, How worn is too worn?
Gary
post Oct 1 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 134
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Pulled the tranny yesterday to get at a leaking flywheel seal. Decided to pull the back cover to address my hard-to-get-into-1st issue. Dog teeth look OK. Synchro has a little bit of a wear band around the circumference. Don't mind springing for a $65 synchro band, but swallow hard at the $500 slider - especially since I need a new -6 flywheel and pressure plate.

Anyone smart about sliders enough to look at these pictures? If bugered, anyone have a good 1st gear slider for reasonable?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Gary   I think I need a 1st gear slider   Oct 1 2006, 08:02 PM
Gary   'nuther   Oct 1 2006, 08:04 PM
Bartlett 914   I am curious to hear what the experts say about th...   Oct 1 2006, 08:21 PM
Dr Evil   I have better used ones than that. I also can get ...   Oct 1 2006, 08:27 PM
Gary   Had a tough time getting into first when at a stan...   Oct 1 2006, 08:27 PM
Dr Evil   What do the dog teeth look like?   Oct 1 2006, 08:34 PM
Gary  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 09:09 AM