Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Feeling Horny ?, Need horns - show me yours aftermarket or not.
Mountain914
post Oct 7 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #1

Too much time in thin air!

Group: Members
Member No.: 725
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I am currently sans horn(s) . Having a short car is getting scary with the tall SUV's. and though my motor is loud enough, it doesn't penetrate the cell phone bonded to their ear, and waving a finger at them won't help a bit.
I have no apparent wire coming through the steering wheel (914-6 column) so I will see what's under there soon (I think I'm looking for a brown/white wire, is that true on a 914-6 as well?).
Meanwhile, other than Dr. Evil's airhorns, I haven't found too much on here new or old about aftermarket horns, or what folks like and don't like.
The Hella Supertone kit seems kinda $$$$ and I've heard longetivity is an issue (OK - I didn't "hear" it per say, I just read opinions on the net).
Being you're a crowd of folks ( dare I say propellerheads (IMG:style_emoticons/default/prop.gif) ) who would over-engineer a desk stapler to be able to staple 32,000 times per second, I would rather hear what you all have to say about them. ( Damp Dave D. has some great info on the club, but I am very cautious about what he's been with the smurfs lately ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) - no seriously, what's the story ? )
Pictures of any factory or FLAPS installs would be sweet. (I have a 72).
My preference would be some factory 914 horns all clean and shiny like (or zinc!), but I haven't really "seen" much in the classifieds.
Don't make me go to e-bay uneducated and uninformed ! (oh! wait! that's where I got all my crud to start with!)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Mountain914   Feeling Horny ?   Oct 7 2006, 09:48 PM
Howard   Horny!   Oct 7 2006, 10:09 PM
Mountain914   From Howards post: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/up...   Oct 7 2006, 10:19 PM
dlo914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 05:08 AM