Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need some tranny advice
Redracer
post Oct 8 2006, 09:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,011

I have a tailshifer that I'm rebuilding. I have a few questions.

1 Pressing on new dog teeth: Off is no problem? But pressing the new teeth on! do I heat them on a hot plate, and press on with lock tite?? Anything else I need to do, Stake them in? I have found no info about this on the web.

2 I have found 1 of the shims behind the pinion gear to be damages from either too much end play, or thrust load. I'm assuming these are for adjusting end play on the pinion shaft? What is the End play, and I'm guessing I use a feeler guage to set it between one of the gear sets??

3 I'm moving the gear assembly including the ring and pinion over to another case, since the original was cracked at the bellhousing due to some impact in a collision. Are preoads on the diff bearings the same from case to case or do I need to reset them?
4 THe gaskets at the intermediate plate I believe are for setting pinion back lash? Do I go with the same gaskets thicknesses?

Thanks in advance

Al Hafner
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 04:23 AM