Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Megasquirt Ignition Settings, ???
yarin
post Oct 9 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #1

'14-X'in FOOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 693
Region Association: North East States

Hey Everyone,

I finally decided its time to flip up the spark switch on my Megasquirt installation. I'm running MS II V.3.0 with the high current ignition driver setup triggering the negative side of a bosch blue coil. RPM signal is coming from a Pertronix hall sensor with a 1.3K pullup resistor the negative side. No R57 on the main board. Dizzy is a "frozen" 009, i glued the advance mechanism.

I wired everything up and tried cranking it tonight. Several almost starts but its misfiring. I know my advance was approx 8 degrees at idle. I tried a variety of settings but just can't get it to fire correctly. I threw a timing light on the coil and it looks like i'm getting spark.

Can someone with a similar config please post their settings?

Thanks,

Yarin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
yarin   Megasquirt Ignition Settings   Oct 9 2006, 09:10 PM
yarin   I found someone else's settings on MSefi.com. ...   Oct 9 2006, 09:16 PM
yarin   bump.. anyone? i tried an offset of 58 degrees a...   Oct 10 2006, 03:27 PM
Aaron Cox   not familiar with MS ignition.. but im trying to g...   Oct 10 2006, 03:38 PM
bd1308   If you figure it out, lemme know. I'm only two...   Oct 10 2006, 03:41 PM
yarin  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 03:40 AM