Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Genevieve got her teeth pulled, -- we got the starter gear out of the bell housing
Mamacita
post Oct 10 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,380

No anesthesia required, thankfully. We went and got a flexible magnet (as was suggested here) today and John did the surgery while I was doing some necessary house stuff.

The gear game out in three pieces, two large & one tiny (only large enough for one tooth from the gear). We won't have to worry about those hanging out where they ought not be, causing problems.

The new starter was shipped yesterday & if last time was any indication, we should get it today or tomorrow.

I can't wait to get the new starter bolted on and see how Gen is doing after having the carb repaired over the weekend!! Hopefully she'll start right up & purr right along!

Thanks for all your help. I don't know what I'd have done without the help & advice here.
Stacie
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (a big "toothy" grin in honor of Gen's tooth work today)
Here's a picture of the culprit!
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Mamacita   Genevieve got her teeth pulled   Oct 10 2006, 02:23 PM
Eric_Shea   :teef:   Oct 10 2006, 02:44 PM
mikez   Magnets be yer friend.....   Oct 10 2006, 02:45 PM
Mamacita   Yes, I'm becoming a big fan of magnets. I thi...   Oct 10 2006, 02:48 PM
rhodyguy   happy motoring!!! i bet you're exc...   Oct 10 2006, 02:49 PM
Mamacita  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 01:27 AM