Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT - New version; old scam, Response to my 914 ad in Uncle Henry's
jarbuthnot
post Oct 14 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #1

Senior Woman Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,065

As some of you know, I'm selling my 1971 914, and I put an ad in the online version of Uncle Henry's. Got this e-mail the other day:

Hi,
am Interested in buying your vehicle, do get back to me if the vehicle is still availiable for sale
and your last asking price for it.Moreover, may i
state here that i shall request all the necessary
paperworks pertaining the milage,usage,insurance
policy of the vehicle,also please do not forgetto
state your bottom_line price
Awaiting your quick response,
Regards.
Name:Richard Gasquet
seattle: WA
phone and e-mail address ..)))###

So, I respond with some of the information, but not my bottom line price. I asked him to make an offer.

He comes back with:
Hello There,
thanks for your response, well please i would
like to know your last asking price for the vehicle couse i know you can come down a bit from your listed price so please do get back to me with your bottom-line price.
Regards...
Richard...

So, I go back with my bottom price and this is what I get:

Hello,
Thank you for your response,Well happy to inform you that i have concluded payment arrangements with the client, who really commended your vehicle and has instructed to move on with the deal at the price of ($xxxx),He said he will be going on a vacation soon and will rest virtually all the transaction on my shoulder and assign an agent like wise that i will work with and stressed that he will be issuing out a cashier check of ($13,000) which was a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by him but will be filed in your name for the payment by his debtor,you are only required to deduct the cost of your vehicle which is($xxxx) and send the back the balance when payment gets to you to the agent whose information will be given to you as at when due, he will be needing the funds to offset shipping charges, taxes and other cosmetic repairs/touches of the goods he bought,which your vehicle is inclusive,the agent will be responsible for signing and transfering of title paper and also pick-up of the vehicle and other items bought by him in U.S.A accordingly.
So you are required to send me your NAME,ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER for payment to be delivered to you through as soon as possible.All other information needed in completion of this transaction will given to you in due time.
THANKS HOPE TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU.
Regards
Richard......

I go back to him with:
If I understand you correctly, you will send me a cashier check of $13,000 in my name, I send you the car and $xxxx?

I don't think so. Since nothing has happened yet, is it fraud? Can I report this to anyone - FBI, who? Problem is I'm moving in December and by the time anything happens, I'll be ensconsed in my French manoir.

Gotta love these guys, really gave me a good laugh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jarbuthnot   OT - New version; old scam   Oct 14 2006, 08:06 PM
KaptKaos   Fraud. Run.   Oct 14 2006, 08:29 PM
rhodyguy   tell him your personal representative (me) in wash...   Oct 14 2006, 10:03 PM
GWN7   You can report them here: http://www.internetfrau...   Oct 15 2006, 01:37 AM
davep   Interesting that they are now working out of Seatt...   Oct 15 2006, 06:13 AM
jarbuthnot   Well, the form to report a complaint isn't wor...   Oct 15 2006, 09:31 AM
rhodyguy   let them know your rep will be wearing a blood red...   Oct 15 2006, 09:55 AM
GWN7  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 03:25 AM