Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Makin' Tools, nothing too special
McMark
post Oct 31 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

I made a couple of tools I thought I'd share. Nothing all too interesting, but I had a good time making them.

Made a deck height tool. Aluminum plate drilled some holes with a drill press for the studs to pass through, and in the center for access. Drilled and tapped a hole to mount the dial indicator (to find true TDC). Right now I have some galvanized pipe used as spacers. These need to be replaced with something a little more stout.
Attached Image

This is a head stand. My friend who builds american V8 motors has something like this for his heads. The four pegs line up with the head nut seats and the threaded ends allow me to adjust the level when I'm determining combustion chamber volume.
Attached Image

Here is how the head looks. Very handy to have a nice solid base to work with.
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
McMark   Makin' Tools   Oct 31 2006, 07:44 PM
rick 918-S   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   Oct 31 2006, 07:54 PM
Jeroen   smart & simple I like it!   Oct 31 2006, 08:34 PM
swood   Slick...   Oct 31 2006, 08:37 PM
Borderline   Looks cool! Can we mod the first one to get d...   Oct 31 2006, 10:17 PM
McMark   The first one is for measuring deck height (my pos...   Oct 31 2006, 11:27 PM
Bartlett 914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 08:51 PM