Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bursch exhaust, AKA: dumb newbie questions
Scott H
post Nov 1 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #1

Luddite

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,790

I have a '72 that's been parked since back around '85. I'm using this car as a learning tool to learn my way around a 914.
The PO gave up on the car while in the middle of converting it to carbs and just let the car sit and rot away. He had bought a Bursch exhaust at the time that he said he thought was the wrong one and he never got around to exchanging it for the correct one. This exhaust has been sitting inside the car all that time and was never even bolted onto the car.

The exhaust has a sticker on it that says "914 73-74" and I see that Pelican Parts sells '70-'72 and '73-'74 Bursch exhausts so it looks like it is indeed the latter and the wrong one for a '72 (I'm sharp today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ). Pelican only shows a picture of one exhaust.

My question is: what's the difference between the two? If I hold this exhaust up to the ends of the heat exhangers it appears that it will bolt up. The rear valence is not on the car, so it looks to me like the tip of the exhaust would hit the valence if it were in place.
Is that the only difference between the two?

If it helps, here are some pictures of the one I have:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v134/sdc...rsch%20exhaust/

Thanks for any help.

**edit: I didn't notice the other Bursch topic until after I posted mine. If a moderator wants to move my post over there, that's fine by me.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 11:13 PM