Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> what would make 914 fortunes rise...., ....but would we really want that?
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Nov 4 2006, 12:48 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,727

If some screenwriters and/or producer types scripted a film and had the lead or supporting actor drive a 914 and that movie became a critically acclaimed hit, would the 914 achieve the kind of status that Speedsters, Mustangs, Aston Martins and (heaven forbid) Trans-Am Firebirds received thanks to the proximity of James Dean, Steve McQueen, Sean Connery or Bert Reynolds?

If Brad Pitt, Russell Crowe, Johnnie Depp, etc. drove a 914 in a film that became a box office success, would the 914 become a "cult" car for the unwashed masses, demand and popularity driving up prices to unwarranted heights? Think Dustin Hoffman and the Alfa Spider he drove in the "Graduate". I also believe that Tom Cruise's motorcycle in "Top Gun" helped push the sport bike craze to increased popularity. The rank and file celebrity types have also fueled some of the sales success that Harley as enjoyed these many years.

So to you SoCal members, keep your cars out from under the noses of the Hollywood movers and shakers, lest we find ourselves looking for some other "cheap thrills"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
1970 Neun vierzehn   what would make 914 fortunes rise....   Nov 4 2006, 12:48 PM
Mountain914   IMHO, I think only "new" cars in current...   Nov 4 2006, 01:21 PM
Headrage   I think it would be largely dependent on the type ...   Nov 4 2006, 01:56 PM
bd1308   but would Sean Connery be able to shift a 914?   Nov 4 2006, 02:13 PM
majkos  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 08:10 PM