Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Standard 914 seats for racing ?
amallagh
post Nov 10 2006, 03:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,767

Hi, I just bought a 914 in the US and plan to export it to the UK. The car will be a road gong car but will also be used for some sprinting, road rallies and be fitted with a simple cage.

What I would like some advice on is seats. The car has an excellent set of std 914 seats. I had assumed I would need to change these for higher sided period sports seats for the side support but I have seen some pictures on the web recently of cars with standard seats with harnesses.

Before I go and spend a lot of money on some new period style high sided sport seats what I want to know is, is it practical to use standard seats with harnesses for racing or do they just not give sufficient side support ?

Thanks for you advice.
Andrew
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
amallagh   Standard 914 seats for racing ?   Nov 10 2006, 03:04 AM
VegasRacer   First off :chkflag: Welcome to the club. The...   Nov 10 2006, 04:02 AM
amallagh   Thanks John, likewise I would like to keep a perio...   Nov 10 2006, 12:19 PM
rjames   Apologies for a semi hijackong of the thread, but ...   Nov 10 2006, 09:17 AM
yarin   Corbeau Forzas are the low cost favorites around h...   Nov 10 2006, 02:53 PM
Jeroen   you can modify the seat cusion and run a 5 or 6 po...   Nov 10 2006, 07:23 PM
VegasRacer  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 07:45 AM