Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Took the street car to the Willow..., First time its been on a track...
Mugs914
post Nov 11 2006, 02:43 AM
Post #1

"Hey, yellow IS faster!"

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,452
Region Association: Southwest Region

After years of having daily drivers that had roll cages, no carpet, five points, race seats, fire bottles, etc., I decided that this car was going to stay a street car. Well, I gave in just a little.

I put in a set of five points and a fire bottle that was laying around the shop and took it up to the Streets of Willow for a PCA DE. It has BFG g-Force sports (225 50-15) so I wasn't expecting any great lap times (they weren't timing anyway), but I knew it would be fun no matter what. I was interested to see how it was going to handle at the limit since I haven't even autocrossed the thing yet.

Turns out it pushes a bit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) I had two students (Both with Caymen Ss (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) ) and I didn't have time to make any adjustments so I just hammered out laps and had fun!

Of course now I've got to get a set of Kumhos or Hoosiers or something for it and start taking it to the odd DE or time trial. Might add a rear anti-roll bar, but that's about it...

It's a street car, remember... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

A few pics...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 01:25 PM