Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rust in the gas tank, no wonder that fuel filter turned red
SGB
post Nov 12 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #1

just visiting

Group: Members
Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

Didn't pull that gear stack yet, but while my car is up on 'stands and the carbs are out, I started to remove the fuel line from the carbs- disconnecting the SS braided line that I ran through a hole with a grommet to the firewall, where it attaches to the original line. I smelled gas and looked and the gas was collecting on the plastic line (drips- running to the lowest point) near the attachment. I drained the rest of the system, and finished pulling the tank. I've gota replace the fuel line too I think. Sure enough, the tank had a surprise inside....
Do I just get it boiled at a radiator place then try to pour por-15 or like that in there? Should I try that before boiling (I'm thinking it can't hurt)? I'm certainly up for lessons learned or bright or dim ideas...
Experiences?
Advise?
Harasment?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
SGB   Rust in the gas tank   Nov 12 2006, 07:12 PM
PinetreePorsche   Yeah--my newly-purchased '73 had the orange to...   Nov 12 2006, 08:05 PM
Headrage   Empty it and take it to a radiator shop and tell t...   Nov 12 2006, 08:12 PM
SGB   Gas tank reseal is complete. Por 15 stuff worked ...   Nov 21 2006, 09:42 PM
So.Cal.914   Did you put Por-15 inside the tank? Or am I misint...   Nov 21 2006, 09:49 PM
Dr Evil   POR 15 tank treatment is good stuff. I did it to m...   Nov 21 2006, 09:53 PM
So.Cal.914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:41 PM