Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT- does this sound fishy to you
GaroldShaffer
post Nov 16 2006, 09:56 AM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Selling my utility trailer. Put ad up here and put a auction ebay. Had a buy it now for $525 (didn't think I would get it) So a new ebayer (zero feedback) bought it with the buy it now. Now my auction clearly stated $50 deposit and balance in cash at pickup. Below is the email I got from the buyer, sounds fishy to me...

"I will be sending payment of US $50.00 via Money Order/CashierCheck shortly.

Hello, I have a client that is so much interested in the immediate purchase Of this item and he willing send you cashier check, Cashable in your Bank in minutes. And he will include shipment info with the payment that he will send to you. So that you could get hold of the shipper for shipping purpose. I will like you to back to me with your contact name, address and phone number so that I could instruct my client to issue the Payment to you ASAP. Regards "

I responded with:

"Thank you for the purchase of this trailer. Sorry but my auction clearly states NO CHECKS, CASH ONLY and local pick up only. I am not interested in dealing
with any shipping company. If this is going to be an issue then we can cancel this deal and I will relist my item.

I then received this email:

"Hi,
I click your buy it now just now. I will like to state myself clearly, am buying this vehicle on behalf of my client. He would be sending your payment first thing tomorrow pending your response. So I would like you get back to me with the information on which payment will be send to you, which is full name, address and your number on which you could be reach for verbal communication. Best regards

MIND YOU THE PAYMENT WILL BE MADE IN FULL VIA CASHIER CHECK WITH ASURRANCE OF GETTING IT ON MONDAY ASAP"

I responded with a phone number I can be reached at.

So sounds like a scam, but until I actually talk to this person I won't know for sure. I don't have a problem selling it, but I either they give me cash or I won't relase the trailer until the cashier check clears my bank.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
itsa914   OT- does this sound fishy to you   Nov 16 2006, 09:56 AM
race914   And I'll be willing to bet the next step in th...   Nov 16 2006, 10:00 AM
Cap'n Krusty   How long have you had internet access? You can...   Nov 16 2006, 10:01 AM
itsa914   Read between the li...   Nov 16 2006, 12:47 PM
highways   I usually ask for some sort of proof on these thin...   Nov 16 2006, 01:19 PM
itsa914   I knew it was a scam, but .....wasn't sure if ...   Nov 16 2006, 03:04 PM
JPB   Does a snapper have lips? :chairfall:   Nov 16 2006, 03:24 PM
BarberDave   :trophy: Garold: It loks to me l...   Nov 16 2006, 03:58 PM
JB 914   QUACK! QUACK! QUACK! QUACK! QUACK...   Nov 16 2006, 05:20 PM
KaptKaos   Did I mention that this is a

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 04:39 AM