Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Thanksgiving, The meaning of it all
Pat Garvey
post Nov 22 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #1

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

Yeah, it's off topic. No, don't care. Delete the post if you like.

What it means .... Thanksgiving.

Used to mean zero to me, when I was a punk. Now, though, it means that I can be what I want, do what I want to.

I live in the greatest country in the world - the one that gave advantages to me when I worked for them & became good at what I did.

I have hundreds of thousands of military heroes who ar trying to keep it that way for me. That's the premier reason for my thankfullness. These guys & gals risk thier lives daily for me, on a VOLUNTARY basis. THEY ARE heros!

I've been able to be what I wanted in this country.....All I had to do was work for it. No one gave me a break (my parent struggled) - I made my own & I did OK.

Hard work, dilligence & a plan! Worked for me & I'm well set. No scams, just hard work.

Now - where else can you do this? I can think of half a dozen other countries, but the taxes are much higher.

So, I'm thankful for those who started this wonderful country. I'm more thankful to my parents, who instilled a work ethic in me. I'm also thankful that my 93 year old mother can still drink me under the table with Vodka martinis - she's not going anywhere for a long time.

Thankful for my buddies here at the "currently" non-club. Too many of that I wish I could meet face-to-face, but still happy to have you.

Thankful for the Porsche friends who have gone on & taught me so much of what I know (& tht ain't much). Wish I could have all of them back!

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL of you! And, I mean that sincerely!
Pat G.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Pat Garvey   Thanksgiving   Nov 22 2006, 08:18 PM
Elliot Cannon   Nice Post. You want face-to-face? Here ya go. H...   Nov 22 2006, 09:03 PM
jimtab  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 11:27 AM