Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lots of Newbie/FAQ type things I know....Introduction too, hey there isnt a FAQ like on other boards......
Kona Cruisers
post Nov 24 2006, 01:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,253

Howsit from hawaii....

First, I used to post on I think Renegade Forum Back in like 97-98.. I lived in alaska and looked for a project for 2 ears and never found one.

ME, 26 almost married, Owner of a auto restoration shop here in Kona hawaii on the big island. Currently have a stable of some cherry FJ40 landcruisers and a honda for the Old lady.

I just scored a 75 1.8 the has a LIGHT hit on the front and will require a pull on the frame machine, But will not require any paint!!! Wierd but if you saw how this got damaged you'll understand. Other then that its cherry. Sweet exterior, sweet interior runs great literly will take 2 hours to fix.. Traded the car for a complete paint on a 66 Karman Ghia.. This isnt My first venture in to Aircooled as I Have owned a couple of Vdubs.. and will be building a Myers Manx playboy edition after the teener.

I tried searching for the following and didnt turn up much.. well much usefull stuff. (Turbo 1.8 got me a W/C Vw swap.. Turbo was mostly brake swaps....)

Ok here are my first round of questions...

Turboing a 1.8... good / bad ?? Design? so on...

Me =6'4+" cant shift leg in the way... Smaller steering wheel correct? thinking I might have to go down to a 320mm but didnt see much 350mms 320mm info

Retard qustions to most.. Type 1 Vw engine work?? or does it have to be the type 3 block with the front mount or??? ( I ask cuase I have a 2110 with IDAs.....)

Way to nice of a body to hack for flares into... BUT I want some ...

This is probally more for the old lady to drive but will be MY car Iif the makes any sence. (well Im paying for it.. but have about 40+K in land cruiser stuff so letting her drive a Porsche kinda gets me some bonus... and hopefully she'll look the other way when I get My 356 C Coupe...)

As a Personal thing... Huge OSU football fan.. GO buckeyes!!

I know useless with out pics but will post some up this weekend when I pick up the car!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Kona Cruisers   Lots of Newbie/FAQ type things I know....Introduction too   Nov 24 2006, 01:35 AM
Mueller   :wttc: Me and my family was in Kona in early Sep...   Nov 24 2006, 02:40 AM
Joe Sharp   :wttc: :PERMAGRIN: Joe   Nov 24 2006, 07:14 AM
JPB   :wttc: E mafai ona ave ma au Kodac?   Nov 24 2006, 07:18 AM
John Kelly   "Way to nice of a body to hack for flares int...   Nov 24 2006, 07:45 AM
Trevorg7   :wttc: Now, off to the golf course. T   Nov 24 2006, 09:24 AM
Dave_Darling  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 06:57 PM