Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Remember why I hate D-jet
Joe Ricard
post Nov 29 2006, 06:01 AM
Post #1

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

So went to Derek Kim's house last night to help him with a tune up. Derek is a great light holder (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
Anyway put a compufire in the dizzy new cap new rotor plugs and plug wires.

GEEZ can't get to the screws on the sides of Dizzy to pull points out so pull DIZZY. BIG GEEZ can't get to the 13mm nut holding the bastard in. got to take off vacuum advance can. He needs a new vacuum advance/retard canister by the way. 73 1.7L D-jet.

So get everything buttoned up with a rev limiting rotor and there is no advance going on with timing light. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) Look in and see the rotor is pushing down too far on the Cumpufire magnet ring. CRAP!!!!!!!!! so put regular rotor in and all is good. set timing and car was running signifcantly better.

I suppose I can grind off the bottom of the rev limit rotor. We are going autocrossing on Saturday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Joe Ricard   Remember why I hate D-jet   Nov 29 2006, 06:01 AM
bd1308   wheres the djet specific problem   Nov 29 2006, 07:50 AM
Joe Ricard  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 11:23 PM