Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dealing with getting older - NOT, The mind is willing.....
Pat Garvey
post Dec 6 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #1

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

I'll be 60 in 3 months. Bought my 914 new in '72 (I was 25). Other than factory-required maintenance for warranty, have done everything myself.

When the car needed to be repainted in '79, I pulled everything from the car & delivered a tub to the painter. When the heads needed to be re-valved, pulled the motor, etc. ...all those other things through the years too.

Now, I'm simply trying to drain the fuel tank & remove the motor/trans. Something i used to do in 30 minutes!!

My knees won't cooperate & my bach scream to quit! Even with dorky kneepads on, they scream!! Can't wait until the motor has to come out!

Am I the ONLY one who's ageing here?

No - I won't farm the work out. If I can't through it, the 914 goes (after 34 years?).

Any secrect potions out there?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Pat Garvey   Dealing with getting older - NOT   Dec 6 2006, 08:08 PM
Jeroen   plan a BBQ and let some of the younger guys do the...   Dec 6 2006, 08:28 PM
Dr Evil   Aleeve :D Even though you can be a cantacerous PI...   Dec 6 2006, 08:30 PM
nycchef   Even though you can be a cantacerous PITA, I would...   Dec 6 2006, 10:06 PM
Pat Garvey  
  Dec 9 2006, 11:08 AM
Thomas J Bliznik  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 02:24 PM