Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I need some help!
Scott-thundercat
post Dec 7 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,049

any help out there!. My PO said the reason he parked this car in 89 was cause his mechanic said the reason his Fuel injection wasnt working was cause the distributor was leaking oil into the FI trigger points assembly and making it unhappy... anyhow i've gone through a bunch on the car and finally fixed the stuck injectors (with VW black ones) anyhow car started up and ran great. let it idle for about 2 minutes and it started kinda hestitating... i jumped in, stepped on the gas a little, it revved slowly and then slowly revved less and less till it just died... wouldnt restart for about 10 minutes (even flooring it in case it was flooded). this happened to me when i test drove it too... drove great for a while and slowly just died....

anyhow, i changed the points and condensor recently and set the dwell... couldnt see down below to the FI points so i didnt know what to look for anyways. could this really be oil leaking into the FI points and masking the signal? (which to me would make sense that it takes a while for the oil to seep in when it's running and then maybe leaks out when it sits...)

also just adjusted the valves when i replaced a leaky valve cover gasket- P-side was close, D side was .018!!!! inches.

any advice on what to look for? should i just get a new dizzy or can i rebuild/ reseal this one?

Scott

thanks in advance.

after i solve this problem this car should be good to go- when i drove it around it drove great. for some reason the headlights just turned on the other day too (before they would popup but not turn on...)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Scott-thundercat   I need some help!   Dec 7 2006, 12:51 PM
McMark   I have some thoughts on this..... but I'm not ...   Dec 7 2006, 01:21 PM
Dr Evil   I'm not him, but I do wonder if the flow rate ...   Dec 7 2006, 01:21 PM
Scott-thundercat   alright changed the title- all help welcome? i ...   Dec 7 2006, 01:26 PM
McMark   Sounds like your fuel filter is clogged or your ta...   Dec 7 2006, 01:30 PM
Spoke  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 02:29 PM