Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> One More Time - Hydraulic Lifter guys, Does this make sense?
ahdoman
post Dec 10 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #1

It's phonetic...Ah-D-O-Man (Audioman)

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,084
Region Association: Southern California

First off I want to say a special thanks to Bleyseng, SGB, LvSteveH, Kwales, JK76.914 and of course the Cap'n for helping me understand hydraulic lifters. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smiley_notworthy.gif) The good news is that I have progressed from beginner to novice when it comes to these damn things. The bad news is I need to be an expert. Here's the current situation... (All measurments are being done from the carb velocity stacks using a syncrometer with the carb wired open at full throttle. This is because I do not have a compression meter. Yes, the fuel pump is turned off. I am using a remote starter switch to simply turn the motor over). OK, here's the confusing part...I seem to be able to adjust the intake velocity psi simply by adjusting the lash on the lifters.? For example; 1/4 to 1/2 turn past contact and I get very little intake psi. If I go to 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 I get a significant increase in the intke psi. I have also measured this with the motor running (about 2500 rpm) and it seems to remain the same. In fact, If I set cyls 1&2 at 1/4 lash and 3&4 at 1 1/2 there is a significant difference in intake PSI between the two sides of the engine. Should lash on hydraulic lifters effect intake PSI like this? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ahdoman   One More Time - Hydraulic Lifter guys   Dec 10 2006, 06:59 PM
Jake Raby   Yep.. The hydro lifters are effecting the valve ti...   Dec 10 2006, 08:34 PM
ahdoman  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 07:21 AM