Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Header Coating, coating the slip fit
BenNC
post Jan 10 2007, 10:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 267

I just purchased a set of European Racing headers and had them ceramic coated by High Performance Coatings. The headers were dropped shipped to HPC and one of the primaries was attached to the collector. Apparantly their policy is to not dissassemble anything, so right now I have three primaries that are not fully coated and one with an uncoated tip and I have a collector with three coated inlets and one uncoated inlet.

Ok now to the actual question. Should the slip fit areas between the primaries and the collector be coated? Basically should I send the primary and collector back to have the entire piece coated, or should I remove the coating from the remaining slip fit surfaces. Their rep said that they don't usually coat those surfaces, but to me it seems like the most likely place for water to accumulate.

BTW - I can't recommend HPC's Utah site. Besides this issue, the communication was lousy, they lost my whole package at least once, and they seem to have lost most of the mounting hardware that should have come with the header.

Thanks for the help
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 02:08 PM