Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Installing a new (to me) engine., Steps and costs?
KaptKaos
post Jan 14 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #1

Family

Group: Members
Member No.: 607
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I posted this on Narp during the "Great Divide." I am now getting ready to start this project so I figured I'd post here, with the additional suggestions from the folks on Narp.

I picked up a 1911 motor from Grimstead a few weeks ago. I will be replacing my stock 1.7 with the 1911. I also have a set of 44 idfs for that motor too.

So while I am going to swap this motor, I figured I'd check to see what else I should do "while I am in there?" If anyone knows the ball park costs for some of these items, please list it too, as it will help me budget.

I don't want Dirk Wright disease, but I want to take care of any maintenance items while I have the old motor out and am prepping for the new one.

clutch
fuel lines
tranny mounts
engine mounts - ordered
new fuel pump - CB Rotary $60
various jets, and venturis for tuning the carbs - based upon recommendations (32 chokes)
carb gaskets - ordered
new copper head to he gaskets - ordered
new exhaust nuts & studs - ordered
cv gaskets
red loctite (something I need to get for all of this)
oil filter, oil screen and gaskets - ordered
Oil cooler seals - ordered
Push rod tube o-rings. - ordered
trans mainshaft seal and cup bushing in the TOB arm... new bolts for the flywheel if you have it off
A type 1 oil pump that has already had the shaft milled is a great investment if you want to upgrade your oil system & seals.
Check the CV joints and repack them.
Rebuilt alternator (I have a new starter)
Check that right rear suspension point where the trailing arm pivots. Thats below the battery tray and corrodes from the inside out. $??
Alternator belt. - ordered
do andy's jumper wire at the engine relay board to power the pump.

Help me out fellas!

Thanks,
Joe
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 05:49 PM