Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> car is slowly killing me... *UPDATE* fixed!
Scott-thundercat
post Jan 16 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,049

Okay so i've run the gammit of crap for this car. new cap, new rotor, new points, new condensor, new plug wires, new coil, adjusted valves, replaced BENZ fuel pump with late 914 fuel pump (thinking maybe too much pressure was problem). replaced all fuel hoses, replaced fuel tank (no kinks in lines), replaced fuel filter.

questions are thus- when i start the car it runs, it runs rough but it still runs. let it warm up- can drive it while cold- when it warms up it dies and wont restart for quite some time. plugs dont have oil on them but do have some signs of way too much fuel. this sounds like it could be the CHT sensor. Question- i have a black wire coming off of what looks like the CHT sensor slightly in front of the rear cylinder on the passenger side's spark plug... doesnt connect to anything- dont see where it could connect to... where does this wire usually live?

also going to bypass the Cold start injector cause i think it might be leaking into the engine fueling the oil.

the engine runs quite rough (like at least one cylinder is missfiring)- until i let off the throttle from around 3K rpm- then it runs perfectly (but at 2000 RPM) for a few seconds before becoming rough and crappy again- why?

this car is slowly killing me- i've found so many problems and fixed em only to have more left. i'm going to head down to go work on it-(parked at a gas station where i limped it to while trying to drive to my new apartment).

if anyone has some great advice or wishes to help please call me at five three zero 220 four zero 33... sorry for the wierd way of writing it- dont want any autoscanners to pick it up.

Scott
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 01:41 AM