Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> EBay scam. I did no fall for $4100., 3.2 CARRERA ENGINE
burton73
post Mar 6 2007, 02:05 PM
Post #1

burton73

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

BE CARFULL GO WITH YOUR FEELINGS AND BE A SPY.
I have 425 positive responses on a lot of buys and never got screwed. It just did not feel right.

I was high bidder on a 1987 PORSCHE 911 901 3.2 CARRERA ENGINE Item Number – 300087105176. I did not feel right sending money to this guy so I looked his address up in Goggle and found a UPS mail box and drop off location there and called on the phone. I asked if this person was the right name for the suite number. After this I figured something stunk. I told him he had to do an escrow or I would not do the deal. I get worried when there email is a Yahoo and he would not take Paypal for the Deposit of $500. Just had a bad feeling. He did not get back to me for 10 hours after auction closed.

Then I got this from EBay: Dear burton73 (burtonplastics@aol.com),

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 300087105176

Item Title - 1987 PORSCHE 911 901 3.2 CARRERA ENGINE

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

It is a sine that I go with my 2.5ss

Bob

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:28 PM