Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Intermittent starting problem?, voltage regulator? Battery? Solenoid
FB914
post Mar 31 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #1

74 alaska blue 2.0

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,689

Hi again:

Seems like I've been posting one problem after another for the past 3 months. Here's another one. I just replaced my starter only to find out the problem was the ignition switch, which I now replaced. The starter was a rebuilt unit that had been in storage for a few years. Now the car starts only when the battery tender is hooked up to the battery. Otherwise it doesn't turn over. I have 12 volts when I turn the key to the 1st position without the tender hooked up, when I try to start it the voltage drops to 10 volts and nothing. All the electric systems work fine and the car runs great once started. I have an optima red top that's 2 years old and will get fully charged with the tender.

Any ideas what the problem might be? The starter seems to work OK when the tender is hooked up and the voltage goes to about 13. Is it a voltage regulator? Starter? Bad ignition switch that I just put in? Battery? Solenoid???? I may try putting my old starter back in but wanted to see if I could get a few second opinions.

Any ideas please. Thanks

Frank B
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 12:51 AM