Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SOT: Job Description, Curious about this...
Brando
post May 10 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

So I'm looking for a new job. Just updated my resume on Monster tuesday night and this morning I get an e-mail for something that looks like processing money transactions. Has something to do with managing e-bay auctions and taking payments. Here's the jist of the job description:
- Collecting Local Payments

When a buyer in the US decides to purchase an item through an online auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: pay pal, international wire transfer, international check, local certified check or local wire transfer. The quickest option of these is local wire transferring. Local wire transfers and certified checks are the options that the sales support representative will provide to the clients.

- Managing Data

Along with the payments received from buyers you will be receiving details for these sales. These details will include items sold, price, and buyer's information. You are to file and maintain these purchasing records and transactions.

- Forwarding of the Payments

Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 5% as commission and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

- Correspondence

You will be submitting brief reports, weekly reports, and monthly reports. Weekly and monthly reports are to be done in Excel format and are to summarize all transactions completed within the week, or month.

Here is an example of a brief report:
Date: August 8, '06
Buyer: Laura N. Smith
Item: Movado Watch
Price: $ 1,921.27
Commission 5%: $ 96
Fees: $ 75
Total Forwarded: $1750.27
Forwarded to: Elisa Narenzo, Copenhagen, Denmark
Reference Numbers: 23497839

- Fees, and Transferring Procedures

All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments, along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be forwarding the received payments through western union, money gram transferring agents, or by wire transferring.

Seems kind of fishy to me, their company seems to be legit. Correspondence so far has been a bit helpful. I don't like the idea of actually handling money, though. Whether it be through accounts being the medium puts a lot of liability on me. Even though I really don't have much of anything to lose, that's a lot of responsibility. If it's just processing the transactions that's one thing.

How's this look from a legal standpoint? I've yet to have any experience yea or nea as to if this is a good or bad thing, that's why I'm feeling for input. The monthly salary isn't that bad for the equivalent of part-time work though.

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 01:11 AM