Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel pump getting burning hot!
akellym
post May 11 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #1

Eyes Of The Deep Battle

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,395
Region Association: Northstar Region

Okay, so last week the car starting running crappy. checked the fuel pressure, was jumping around then dropped to 0(I have carbs running at 3lbs). So yesterday I installed my brand new back up pump. I was tunning the carbs, everything was going great. After 20mins the car start running crappy again, look at the fuel pressure it was doing the same thing again. Car died, fuel pump wasn't making any noise, checked and it was flaming hot! I have a primary and secondary fuel filter both are clean. Called Mallory they said it must be a bad pump, send it back. Fine, so overnight a new pump install it, this time checking it often. It starts getting hot, what the flip! I can hear the pump changing in pitch, so I think must be elec. I'm getting 13.5v at the pump. My volt reg is rather hot so I put in a new one, now I'm getting 14.2v at the pump. Still getting hot, change the relay( it was hot also) still getting hot!

some pics of the set up.

Any suggestions?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:18 PM