Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Door Panel Rebuild... And Poll, What material should I go with?
Brando
post May 13 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

I've got an old pair of some Dr. Evil door panels (thanks again Mike!) that I want to re-cover and use. I've already cut holes for speakers because I like to be able to have good tunes to listen to while breaking the speed limit and cornering hard (or hardly cornering?).

Anyhow, I'm liking the idea of going with black cloth with a thin (1/8") foam under it for a little bit of padding. I'm wanting a clean look so I'll make a pair of leather straps for closing the door and there will be no side pockets.

I might go without the upper shelf area, the padded portion near the window. I'm looking for opinions on how it would look since I'm undecided, and I'd like this to be a little unique. Thanks!Edit: That's wierd, the poll didn't show... Wtf?

Anyhow, here are the options I'm thinking of:

Thick black cloth.
Black Vinyl.
Black leather or suede.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 02:56 PM