Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Restored my fuel tank today with excellent results, I even have some pics!
Dominic
post Jun 9 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #1

Dominic

Group: Members
Member No.: 149
Region Association: Northern California

For those who need to resore their old / rusty fuel tank this stuff works great:

http://www.kbs-coatings.com/KBS-Auto-Fuel-...eSetd8vPFyVSvly

Simple process that anyone can do. My tank was not in bad shape, I just wanted to get rid of all the surface rust and coat it for good. I did it all in one day. The tank dried pretty fast after cleaning it and then again after the rust blast since it was nice and hot today. Once it was completely dry I poured the can of coating (silver stuff) into the tank and made sure all of the tank was coated, the hard part was draining all if it out. As you can see from the pics it looks all nice and shiny (silver) on the inside of the tank. Takes another 4 days to cure before you should put fuel in the tank. This is money well spent. Also a good time to replace the mesh filter on the fuel supply side of the tank.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 09:04 PM