Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT - I must be getting old. Scared by a car...., can something be too fast?
Scott S
post Jul 16 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #1

Small Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 633

As some saw in person at Fergs on Saturday, my kid brother just picked up an old body style Audi S-4 (the 100/200 body style). He has owned one for a few years with plans to hot rod it, but this car came along, being already built up by the previous owner. He sold his stock car for the same amount as this hot rodded car. On Saturday he drove it to Fergs. I was shocked at how fast it was - it felt like a groupe B car with leather interior - it pushed you into the seat hard. Well, I just got back from the shop who built it. They did a pre-purchase for him and then dialed the thing in further through some software upgrades. We just took it down the frontage road and I was shocked two-fold; once due to the rediculous acceleration and once for the fact that the car was made to run that much stronger by the use of a laptop. The goal was 565 - 580 hp at the crank, 450 - 475 at the wheels - on a quattro. Every system in this car has been made over - 993 turbo brakes, rediculous suspension, Audi V8 fully lockable quattro drivetrain, huge intercooler, custom exhaust/turbo manifold, etc etc etc - and it is a street car - never been on the track, probably never will. That being the case - what do you do with such a beast? When the boost hits, it is like riding in an airplane on takeoff.

My brother is a great guy, very conservative. Has a wife and a 2 year old. He has always loved audi stuff (including 944, 928 stuff). This is his dream car. I am just having an issue with this much power on the street. It's 0-100 times are in the low sixes.

Part of me feels like a wuss - it is a kick ass car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
- but part of me is very concerned.

Here is the motor:

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:38 PM