Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Grounding points in a 914, I count 4, there is more right?
GaroldShaffer
post Jul 20 2007, 06:56 AM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Long story B inlaws 914 won't start again. Everything was fine since the last no start problem (bad fuel Pump relay & battery) Car ran great for a month. Even sat a week while they were on vacation. Day before our last AX he went to the gas station then cousins house. Left the car running, say 45min to 1 hour, then went home. Went to start the car about 5 minutes later, nothing. You can here the fuel pump run, but no click, nothing. Next morning same thing, but was able to jump start it and make it to the AX where it again, it wouldn't start (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

We tried jump starting, nope, but was able after a few hours (4) to push start it and he drove it home. Now you can here the starter click, fuel pump run, but that is it. At first I thought the typical hot start problem, but it does have some sort of hot start kit on it (I know fix the real issue).

We are going over tomorrow and I feel we need to check ALL the grounds and make sure they are making good connections. So I know there are two grounding points by the headlights, one for the neg side battery cable, and trans to rear trunk floor. What am I missing? My plan is to check/clean all grounds, charge the battery and go from there.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 07:05 AM