Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> 2008 PCA Parade - Charlotte, Info for those interested - IMPORTANT STUFF!
Pat Garvey
post Jul 30 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #1

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

I just want to clarify some things about the PCA Parde next year, because I suddenly realized that maybe some of those interested are not aware of the rules, which are routine to me after 34 years of membership.

1. To participate - you MUST be a member of PCA. Yep, you have to pay dues - $42/yr at last count. Worth every buck. Not a member - can't do the Parade. You can spectate at will - just can't participate in any events.

2. This thing lasts a week! Longer for serious concours people. There is NO tougher concours, rally, technical or autocross series of events for a porsche owner - NONE. Every event is the toughest. You don't have to enter every event either. Just play where you're comfortable. My eye coordination sucks anymore, so I'll no longer be doing the autocross.

3. To play, you must abide by the PCR's (Parade Competition Regulations), and they require some study (available at pca.org). These ARE the rules - you must play by them. Get 'em, read 'em, absorb 'em. If you have questions about any aspect, there is a PCR Committee. They administer & debate the rules. I can help you get in touch with them, if necessary. PLEASE - read the rules before you ask questions.

4. This NOT unstructured, "seat of the pants" stuff. It's the Big Leaques! You abide by the Judge's(concours) decision, or protest. BTW, the judges are the BEST there is - look at the name badges & be humbled that they are judging your 914. These guys & gals are not just yanked from the crowd - they're groomed & they're usually the best.

5. Mostly, since you know the rules, chill! Enjoy the buds you are surrounded with. These are people you make lifelong realtionships with. I know I can't wait to make some new face-to-face realtionships, though I'm making every effort to whip you. But, in the long run - who cares who wins.

Pat
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 02:27 PM