Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel Injector Issues..., ...your opinions please?
kfieler
post Aug 15 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #1

kfieler

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,949

Attached Image

After resolving fuel delivery / pump issues on a 1973 914 1.7 that has not been started for over ten years...

As soon as the EFI system built-up pressure, two of the fuel injectors started shooting fuel all over the engine bay. My assumption is that the injectors are leaking from the hoses between the fuel rail and injector body (the hoses look cracked and in pretty poor shape).

I do not know if the injectors themselves are good, but it seems like a shame to throw them in the trash just because the built-in fuel hoses are bad!

Since I don't yet know the condition of the engine, I am looking for a cost-effective method for getting it started for the first time.

Questions:

1. Can I salvage these injectors myself? Can an OEM hose be somehow cut-off of an injector and a new hose attached with a clamp?

2. A local auto parts store sells GP-Sorensen fuel injectors for $69.00 each; however, I've read some negative reviews of this brand. Anyone have any experience with GP-Sorensen brand injectors in a 914?

3. I realize that remanufactured Bosch injectors are available. Does anyone have any experience with using rebuilt injectors?

And, lastly, if this were your car, what would you do?

Any advise you can share with a "newbie" is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

- Keith

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 05:00 AM