Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine Parts Detailing (paint? no paint?), Your opinions, PLEASE...
kfieler
post Aug 17 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #1

kfieler

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,949

Attached Image

Okay... my fuel injectors are out of the car and are being shipped-off for servicing by WitchHunter.

I can't bring myself to put dirty parts back in a car, so in the down-time, I want to clean and prep them for re-installation.

Here's where I need help...

1. What is your favorite method for cleaning 914 parts (such as fuel rails, injector retainers, etc.)?

2. After cleaning them, do I leave them the h*ll alone and stick them back in the car, or should they be shot with some sort of clear-coat?

I am a details-oriented person and would love to "dress-up" the engine as I go. I have contemplated painting parts (or having them powder-coated) - like intake tubes - as I R&R them, but I don't know if that is a big mistake or not.

I am not going for a concourse restoration with this car, so I don't mind making a few cosmetic changes. I don't, however, want to wind-up with a car that looks like a circus clown and become the subject of someone else's future PO story!

Any advise you "pros" can provide to a "newbie" would really be appreciated!

Thanks!

- Keith
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 10:27 AM