Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Looking at my first 914 tomorrow, Any advice appreciated
my928s4
post Aug 20 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,018
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have been reading through the archives and trying to soak up some of the knowledge (awesome by the way), my only other Porsche ownership experience is with 928's so this is all new to me.

Anyway I was all prepared to take a trip to the coast and look for a suitable 914 and then this morning an ad appeared in Craig's list and seeing as I was first on the button I get first refusal and will be looking at the car first thing tomorrow.

Here is the scoop, it is a 74 1.8 with appearance package and comes with a parts car also a 74 1.8. Rust is evidently restricted to the leading edge of the trunk floor and under the gas tank. Now the trunk I have read about and seen in photos plenty but never heard much about under the gas tank. Thoughts?

Car is finished in primer, nice.

I intend to go trusty screwdriver in hand.

I have always wanted to try a hand at welding and this was one of the appeals about working on a 914. Also thinking about doing my own paintwork on the inside and under the car, everywhere else I leave to the professionals. Mechanical/electrical/interior I am fine with.

I am after a project car and this appears to be just that but equally I do not want to end up with two parts cars .....

Chris

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 07:52 AM