Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Getting close to my first Porsche
JOE M
post Aug 29 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,042
Region Association: None

I just got a call from a guy who is selling a 72` 914 for 2k. I looke at it a few weeks ago and overall it looks good. I offered him 1,800 and he aggreed. Now I have to take a real close look at it and make sure there is nothing terribly wrong. He said the last owner did a lot of work but was sick and sold it to him. So far it sounds like I should check the floor bd`s, the targa top off and close the passenger window( check for frame sag). It has a 1.7 with redline carbs. The exhaust is a little loud but does not appear to have a leak. Man i`m excited and hopefull to be a porsche 914 owner. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) any suggetstions prior to buying. I am bringing my brother in law who is a mechanic as a second set of eyes just in case I have blinders on.
Thanks in advance.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 08:42 PM