Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Part Lost Between Engine Tin And Heads, Any advise as to how I can remedy problem?
kfieler
post Aug 29 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #1

kfieler

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,949

Attached Image

When performing a tune-up on my 914 1.7, a plug wire for my #2 cylinder came apart. The “bakelite” connector from the end of the plug wire is now “lost” somewhere between the heads and the tin. I’ve tried fishing-around with every method I can think of to retrieve the lost connector, but have had no luck. Interestingly enough, I fished-around using a telescoping magnet and found a loose sparkplug that had been floating-around in there for god knows how long (left by a PO), but I can’t see, feel or retrieve the bakelite connector.

Is there some magic trick I can use to locate and retrieve the lost sparkplug connector?

If I can’t retrieve it, am I going to ruin anything by replacing the plug wires, running the engine and leaving the lost bakelite connector and rubber seal floating-around under the tin?

Please help!

Thanks!

- Keith (newbie)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:32 PM