Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New 914 Owner / First Post, Introducing myself and my car
stateofidleness
post Sep 1 2007, 01:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,065
Region Association: None

Hello Everyone,
..so i just bought my first porsche.. a '76 914 w/ 911 "Chalon" bodykit (what i was told, any way ya'll can confirm the year.. suspicion that it might be a '74)

after browsing the forums for a while it seems like i may have gotten in over my head.. i dont know much about engines (VERY little actually) but im not TOO unfamiliar with workin on cars.. my past project was a '98 chevy blazer. ( i know, apples and oranges)

anyways just trying to see what are some common upgrades, some common quickfixes, common annoyances or anything else i should look out for.

i also believe i have the 2.0L engine correct?

also, i have not been able to find a list of stuff that is easily compatible with the 914 such as 911 parts and such... i think i may be needing to replace the "master cylinder" and not sure where to start..

where do ya'll (yes im from texas lol) order all your parts from and where do you take your old cars to get serviced when a professional is needed?

Thanks for you time,
look forward to being an active member here!

-Steve

(IMG:http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads11/untitled1186263992.jpg)

EDIT: ill ask these questions here so i dont have to spam with like 20 new threads...

WARNING: NOOB QUESTIONS

1. What is side shift? Is there a shorter shifter stick i can get for my 76 914/4??

2. Anybody have any info on the "Chalon" bodykits??

3. Because i have that bodykit, am i able to get a wider tire?
is there a tire fitment thread somewhere with backspacing, offset and all that information?

4. Any Texan owners out there?? lol.. i know ill have lots of questions!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th June 2024 - 08:07 AM