Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Not allowed into a 1975 or older car show, with my 74 914 V-8!!!!!
wbergtho
post Sep 1 2007, 04:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 623

You're going to just love this story. I went to the North Saint Paul, MN car festival for 75 and older cars last night. This car show is just for fun only and all makes are allowed in. As I approached the entrance behind two 60's muscle cars, I noticed two officials with yellow T-shirts ushering in the cars (all cars 76 and newer are to park outside the sealed area). The two muscle cars were waved in and as I approached the gate one of the officials ran in front of my car and slammed his hands onto my hood and yelled at me to back up. I stopped, as not to run the fool over, and asked why? He said "This is a car show for 75 and older cars and that your car is too new". I smiled and said..."This is a 74 914 with a few mods". He shook his head and said "I don't care what you say it is...just back it up and get it the hell out of here". I then replied by saying "I'd be happy to open my door to reveal the proof in the pudding...that it is indeed a 74". He said "Your not gonna do anything except leave". I didn't know what the hell was wrong with this guy...perhaps he doesn't like foreign cars. When I asked for a different official, he then went and grabbed two cops to help him enforce his decision. The cops sided with the him and I tried to explain to the cops that the official had no knowledge of cars, wouldn't except my invitation to show my door jam sticker which clearly indicates that my car is a 74 and on top of it all...this is supposed to be a fun event and he was turning the scene into a mess with his stupid attitude problem. As I opened my door to show the two "rent-a dopes" what year my car was, they said they weren't interested in looking and said "You have been asked to leave...I suggest you do just that". I then realized this was a waste of time and exited the show with my "too new" looking 1974 914. I still can't believe this actually happened! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) I suppose all the modifications I've made to the drivetrain & body have made my car look a bit newer than what it really is. Maybe I should take this as a compliment to be kicked out of that rinky dink little car show...although at the time, I'll admit, I was a bit perturbed by the "genious car show official".

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 02:25 AM