Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> NaroEscape Motorsports at Targa Newfoundland 07
naro914
post Sep 3 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #1

Losing my mind...

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,073
Region Association: South East States

Hi all,

We wanted to give everyone an update on our efforts and schedule for Targa Newfoundland. Once again, we will be the ONLY 914 running in Targa. Last year, we ended up 11th overall, second in class, and 4th in our division (classic).

At this point, we think we have just about everything ready except for a few minor last minute details and some packing still to do. The car was on the trailer this weekend and is leaving on Monday, August 3 to start it's 32 hour journey North. Nadine and I will meet it in Halifax, NS on Thursday and take it across the 15 hour ferry ride to Newfoundland. Once we get there, we will drive another 2 hours to St. Johns, NF, where we will meet our crew and the event begins.

We've developed a website for the race team www.naroescapemotorsports.com. On it you will find a few videos from last years Targa and from a few PCA Club Races. Pictures and more videos should be up in the coming days, so check back every once in a while and see what's there. Once we get back, we'll be populating it with 2007 Targa stuff.

To gain a better understanding of what Targa Newfoundland is all about, please go to www.targanewfoundland.com. There's a wealth of information there, including the route we're taking, video clips, pictures, etc. You can even follow our progress by clicking on the "Event Tracker" link once the competition starts. Additionally, you can go to http://www.rallyscoring.com/results/index.htm and see daily progress as they update it.

This year, we are not only competing for our class and overall win, we are on teams for various special coveted awards: The Kenzie Cup and the Churchill Motorsports International Team Trophy. The Kenzie Cup is awarded to the recognized marque (Ford, Porsche, Volvo etc.) team that scores the lowest three-car aggregate of penalty points throughout all portions of the event. We are on a team with other Porsche 911's, one of which was the overall winner last year. We won the Kenzie Cup last year and hope to do it again in '07.

The Churchill Trophy is presented to the national team of three cars that accumulates the lowest aggregate of penalty points throughout all portions of the event. We are on Team USA with one of the other Porsches and a BMW team from NY.

All in all, I think we can be pretty competitive this year. We have more experience, a better prepared car, and a good support crew. Many thanks go to the team at Continental Tire and Bill Dunster at Autobahn Collision Center. Without their support, this would not be possible.

I'm going to try to put updates on the Clubstuttgart.net website. Go to www.clubstuttgart.net, click on Racing, then the thread for NaroEscape Motorsports at Targa Newfoundland 2007. or a direct link here http://www.clubstuttgart.net/showthread.php?t=947 When I have internet access and some free time, I'll post stuff up there.

Keep an eye on our progress, and we'll give everyone an update when we return.

Wish us luck!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

-Bob & Nadine Saville
NaroEscape Motorsports
naro@carolina.rr.com

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
naro914   NaroEscape Motorsports at Targa Newfoundland 07   Sep 3 2007, 02:19 PM
DownUnderMan   Good luck. Having done Tassie twice and Adelaide ...   Sep 3 2007, 02:35 PM
davep   Is Huey an original six. What details on the car a...   Sep 3 2007, 04:04 PM
naro914   Is Huey an original six. What details on the car ...   Sep 4 2007, 10:22 AM
ChrisNPDrider   Good luck! I've really enjoyed reading you...   Sep 4 2007, 04:00 PM
DownUnderMan   At least you are back in one piece. It's almo...   Sep 20 2007, 03:34 PM
naro914   At least you are back in one piece. It's alm...   Sep 21 2007, 09:55 AM
jd74914   What happened to the car?   Sep 21 2007, 09:36 PM
naro914   What happened to the car? Without going through...   Sep 22 2007, 06:46 AM
Racing916   Real Sorry about your accident, but glad you both ...   Sep 24 2007, 01:56 PM
watsonrx13   Bob, I've been following your trips to the Tar...   Sep 24 2007, 07:09 PM
naro914   Bill, I've been following your trips to the T...   Sep 24 2007, 09:23 PM
ChrisNPDrider   WOW - another great story! I just wish it had ...   Sep 27 2007, 11:46 PM
naro914   Well, after a couple of months trying to figure ou...   Nov 12 2007, 06:28 AM
DownUnderMan   Good to hear Bill. I'm off to do Adelaide nex...   Nov 12 2007, 12:18 PM
naro914   fyi guys....my name is Bob, not Bill....See below....   Nov 12 2007, 01:48 PM
DownUnderMan   Noted. GIGO rule at work.   Nov 12 2007, 04:27 PM
naro914   Hi all, Just an update on Huey and our Targa Newfo...   Feb 13 2008, 10:05 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 08:28 AM