Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Won't start now... it did a few times and, ran like crap, now won't even turn over!
914zim
post Dec 22 2003, 04:14 PM
Post #1

Still pretty clueless...

Group: Members
Member No.: 962

Fellas:
I'm at my wits end... I seriously thinking about taking it to my local mechanic to let him figure it out.
Here's the history:
'76 2.0 L (stock). Got it in August. Hadn't been started in 4 years.
Replaced (new): fuel lines, fuel filter, all 4 injectors, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, coil, resealed the gas tank, changed oil and filter, tranny fluid, battery was new in August, replaced vacuum lines and even put in Pertronix Ignitor (suggested by Brad, did that today).
When I tried to start it, it turned over and started and ran very rough only for about 5 seconds and died.
I did this about 10 times and then when I tried it, it wouldn't even turn over! I hear the fuel pump buzz when I turn the key, but it's won't turn over at all. Just when I thought I was getting somewhere - dammit!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
Do you guys have any ideas why it won't turn over now and also why it was running so rough?
I checked the ground strap by the tranny and I cleaned it a few weeks ago.
Please guys, I need help on this... I'm really frustrated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
Thanks,
Andy...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:27 AM