Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Gathering Opinions, You know what opinions are like...
rigglet
post Sep 20 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,272
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I started a thread in the Originality forum about emblems which turned into quite an interesting discussion. It got me thinking about how to proceed with my car. I was going to post it there, but I was pretty sure about the outcome. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Hopefully my question will generate the same quite of discussion here.

I have a '71/4 with the appearance group package. Is this fairly common setup for the '71s?

Now for the real question I have...

Should I spend the time/money/energy to do a full concourse restore on this car? Or should I just do a nice solid restore, but not concern myself with all concourse aspects of the restore? I can then find another more "rare" car to focus efforts on.

I am leaning towards a full concourse restore, but then it would limit my driving of the car for fear of ruining a lot of hard work. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I guess the answer to my first question will really give me a lot of insight. If this is a fairly common package it won't be a big deal to do a light restore and keep the car available for more driving. If it is a less common package I will definitely go with the more details restore.

All opinions welcomed and appreciated!

Troy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 05:20 PM