Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Any 914s with (ahem) provenance?, ..or, who has Steve McQueens' 914?
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Oct 6 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,727

I see auction results show that the Ferrari Lusso belonging to the "King of Cool" brought over $2 million. Typically, a Lusso in comparable condition would bring $6-7-800,000. So this Ferrari brought three-to-four times its normal value because it was onced titled to Steve McQueen? I know that some intrinsically valuable and renowned Ferrari and Porsche models, usually with racing credentials, bring more money and generate more general interest than a run-of-the-mill production model. However, "celebrity" status somehow confirs additional merit to a models' value, kinda like Babe Ruth's Packard, Dean Martin's Lincoln, Sinatra's Cadillac, Goering's M-B, or Cher's Harley. With that said, anyone know of anyone "famous" who has owned a 914? I can think of only one Hollywood type who has owned a 914. Anybody in the sports world, political arena, movie industry, or music field owned one of our humble cars? Probably not many, if any at all, 'cause of the 914s rather humble presence. Not exactly a Gullwing, Miura, or Daytona for generating excitement and hysteria among the adoring masses, is it?

Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 10:11 AM