Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear Suspension Bushing Question(s), Are the plastic types all the same now?
John
post Oct 11 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #1

member? what's a member?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,615
Region Association: None

I have a question (or a few questions) about the rear suspension bushings currently available.

Years ago one was able to purchase HARD plastic bushings for the rear trailing arms. They squeak for years and years and grease does not seem to help much, but being hard, they last and last (noisy but long lived).

Then years passed.

Now it seems that everyone sells the same "PolyGraphite" bushings. In my experience, these are junk. Either the 2 sets that I have purchased (from different vendors) were defective or they are too soft and will deform without hard use.

Are there hard plastic (delrin) bushings available anywhere? Who has them? It seems that everyone sells the Weltmeister Polygraphite ones.

I'd jump onto the Elephant Racing Bronze bushings if they were just a bit cheaper...

Roller bearings seem to be a bit of overkill for what I need/want.

I don't care about noise. I care about keeping the control arms where they should be.

Anyone?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 01:35 PM