Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Exactly which vacuum lines do I need?, To make my car run right
Hammy
post Oct 27 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #1

mr. Wonderful

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,978
Region Association: Northern California

Ok - I have most of my vacuum lines hooked up (1.7 Djet) but there are still some connections I'm unsure about and if they're needed.

-Two vacuum connections from each head into the flashback valve, and then into the air filter. Needed? I have this hooked up but it didn't seem to make a difference whether connected or not.

-Back side of the vacuum canister on the distributor. My dizzy only has the outside vacuum nipple/connection.

-I have totally deleted the deceleration valve circuit, and capped off the decel valve vacuum port on the intake air distributor and also plugged the small connection from the AAR to the decel valve. Is this ok to do?

-Haynes manual shows a hose from the air filter to the same spot where the MPS hose plugs in on the intake air distributor. What's this ? I don't seem to have the connections for this.

-Charcoal canister and fan housing connections. My fan housing connection is completely unhooked and unplugged. Haynes shows a hose from the fan housing to the air filter. Is this needed?

Thanks...(I'm a terrible searcher)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 12:33 PM