Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Won't Start, Changed the fuel pump - now won't start
warrenoliver
post Nov 9 2007, 09:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,199
Region Association: Upper MidWest

So, is there some trick to this? I changed out the fuel pump and got a nice gas shower while doing so. Now that it is hooked up, I can't get it to start. I turned the key on and off many times to let the pump cycle. Now, the engine doesn't want to run. It does start up when I turn the key, but it only runs for about a second or two and then dies. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) I have tried this multiple times and I can't keep it running. I can hear the pump running for a second or two once the engine dies.

I know this isn't a diesel, but when my diesel tractor runs out of fuel, I have to bleed the injectors of all of the air before it will start. Do I have to do something like that? When I changed the pump, I let the gas lines drain out quite a bit, so is there air in those lines?

Any suggestions?

Warrenoliver
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 02:36 AM