Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Suby Runners - cooling hose transition, coming into the waterpump?
GS Guy
post Nov 30 2007, 07:50 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,325
Region Association: North East States

For guys with the Subaru engine conversion - how are you transitioning from the hoses coming back under the car and into the waterpump inlet?

My JDM 2.0 turbo engine has the water pump inlet pointing outward - towards the drivers (left) side of the car. I'd like the coolant return hose either coming down the center of the chassis underneath (like the standard Renegade set-up) or possibly on the passenger side of the car.

Question is: how do I get from the waterpump inlet - pointing left/ 1.5" diameter, back to pointing straight forward or towards the right side of the car and down to 1.25" diameter - with a minimum of fittings and connections? How is this handled with the standard Renegade conversion? I've got pics of every other facet of the conversion, all but this waterpump plumbing "detail".

I could run Silicone elbows, but that means at least 2 elbows and two splice/unions to get the hose running in the right direction.

Jeff
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 04:59 PM